Sunday 1 July 2018

Rock and Pebble Painting


You'd usually find this Crafty Welsh Grandma in the kitchen, creating cakes and cupcakes! I promised myself a 'retirement' after the recent wedding cake so, as I have no plans for bakes, unless there are any 'impromptu' ones needed, I can now concentrate on my other hobbies  - until the festive season arrives.

Hobbies, such as:
  • Camping
  • Gardening
  • Painting
  • Needlecraft 
  • and lots more
This blog entry is just to show you what you can do with a little imagination.  "Rock hunting" is becoming a bit of a big thing with the young and the young at heart. I am a member of a number of rock groups on Facebook after rekindling my love for this craft after my Grandson found his first painted rock in the town's big park.

 
These two were painted by members of RCT Rocks and found by my Grandson


The Facebook groups are a good community of people, hiders, painters, seekers, and finders. Why not check to see if there is one in your area?

I even 'commissioned' some rocks for my son's wedding, I couldn't do any as I was making at the wedding cake and had run out of time!

Two of these three RCT Rocks were taken to the wedding

These are easy to do and you don't have to be no Van Gogh to paint one either! All you need is:
  • A little time
  • Paint brushes (if not using paint pens)
  • Acrylic paints or pens
  • Some Sharpies (permanent marker pens)
  • Some clear lacquer 
Here are a few that my family have created over the last few months, my favourite ones, called 'Smile' and 'Flower ballerina' I didn't take pictures of, but I wished I had now!




Created for International Drop A Rock Day
July 3rd 2018

Why not start creating your own?

All you have to do is ...


Copied from my 'Other Crafts' Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...